Google Currents is a news reader for phones and tablets that aims to take your favorite sources of web news and bring them together into one centralized location, all while adding some serious eye candy to the formula. To put it simply, Google Currents makes magazines out of your favorite websites, complete with page turning gestures, as well as featured articles and images.
If this formula sounds familiar to you that’s because you may have heard of a little app known as Flipboard for iOS. In 2010 Google attempted to buy Flipboard so they could bring the magazine like experience to Android devices. After Flipboard declined, Google set out to create their own stylish news reader, and that’s exactly what they’ve done.
What was code-named ”Propeller” is now known as Google Currents, and after spending a good bit of time with the app on my tablet, I feel confident in saying that Google has really out done themselves this time. Every element of the UI is slick and intuitive, from browsing sources to flipping through articles, everything about the experience feels incredibly natural. In a sense, it feels as if you’re reading through a familiar magazine that is somehow constantly replenishing with new things to read.
The comfort that comes with reading a magazine combined with access to an infinite amount of articles from the web is what gives Google Currents its edge, not to mention it’s free of charge, a breeze to use, and sets up in less than 30 seconds. Google Currents looks great on any device, however tablet owners especially shouldn’t miss out on this one!
The future of business is in the cloud.
-create higher profits and efficiency gains for your business.
Stay in touch with Fortix
- How & why to verify your Google Plus Page
- AdWords policy update: Unique sitelinks policy will be more proactively enforced
- HDD manufacturing is fully restored after the floods, however prices are not
- How to start using Social Media for your business
- Fortix is reaching out to Slovakian universities
- How to convince users to move from Outlook onto Gmail
- Google supporting modern browsers: Internet Explorer 8 support discontinued
- Business merger of Fortix & Echidna web design
- Project Mining Plus - Business Management Automated [CASE STUDY]
- Fortix is looking for a new offices to buy