What is Google+ Local
Google+ Local is the new home for your public reviews and photos of local business and venues. Google also has new features that help you discover great places with the help of Zagat scores and summaries, and reviews from people you know.
How to Join Google+
Here you can sign up for GPlus.
You will also be advised to sign up once you are already on the review page. So you could surely start the other way round - at first find the place on Google Maps and then follow Google advise to Join Google+.
Signing with Google never takes more than few seconds. If you are in hurry, fill up the basics and come back later to edit any info you like.
About your Google+ Local reviews and photos
With Google+ Local, all your reviews and associated photos are visible to everyone on the web, under your name. Your reviews and associated photos are displayed to:
- Anyone who views your profile on Google+
- Anyone who searches for places, if they've added you to their Google+ circles
- Anyone who views places you've reviewed
Once you are signed in with Google+, you will see button “write a review” that will open the actual window for your review. (see next image)
Here you can start writing your review. You will find a few tips on how to write great reviews further down.
In case you are not signed in Google+ you will be prompt to do so.
Tips for writing great reviews
- Writing great reviews helps other users find the places that are right for them. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Be informative and insightful: Your review should be specific and relevant to the place you are reviewing and describe what other visitors are likely to experience. Describe why you liked or disliked the place. Highlight what makes the place special and try to share something novel. From favorite dishes to secret sale racks, reviews can describe unique experiences at a location.
- Keep it real: People read reviews to learn about real experiences from real people, so be authentic. Keep your reviews about your own, direct experience with a place. Try to describe your experience as accurately as possible, including both positive and negative aspects.
- Be respectful: We don’t expect that every interaction you have with a place or business will be perfect. Sometimes, you’ll want to share negative feedback. Even if you’re frustrated, be sure your criticism is constructive. Business owners can use feedback to improve their business.
- Write in style: People will pay more attention to what you say when you write your review thoughtfully. Keep it readable and don't use excessive capitalization or punctuation. Use good grammar, check your spelling, and don’t use excessive profanity. Choose the right length: people aren’t necessarily looking for formal write-ups, they want to know what’s notable about a particular place. Whether it takes an essay or a haiku -- share your thoughts and be creative.
Posted by Sarka Hornakova | Friday, June 01, 2012 | Comments (6) | Trackbacks (0) | Permalink
The future of business is in the cloud.
-create higher profits and efficiency gains for your business.
Stay in touch with Fortix
- How & why to verify your Google Plus Page
- AdWords policy update: Unique sitelinks policy will be more proactively enforced
- HDD manufacturing is fully restored after the floods, however prices are not
- How to start using Social Media for your business
- Fortix is reaching out to Slovakian universities
- How to convince users to move from Outlook onto Gmail
- Google supporting modern browsers: Internet Explorer 8 support discontinued
- Business merger of Fortix & Echidna web design
- Project Mining Plus - Business Management Automated [CASE STUDY]
- Fortix is looking for a new offices to buy